Monday, May 18, 2009

Thing 15 : Podcasts

I've listened to podcasts in the past, mostly just for entertainment. In fact for a while I subscribed to Tim Gunn's weekly podcast about Project Runway. I liked podcasts in general, but lost interest pretty quickly. I think if I had a long commute or a time to listen to the podcasts regularly I might get excited about them again. This time I listened to a podcast I found in the Educational directory about photography. It was only 3 minutes long and not very interesting. But I don't think that says anything about podcasts in general, just that I picked a boring one ;)

I don't think my particular job has any pressing needs for podcasts. If it did, maybe something supplemental, like some of the podcasts at the Educational Podcast Directory. Although there don't seem to be many there yet. (Actually since I started this entry a few weeks ago there seem to be a lot more that have recently been added!) I definitely see how podcasts could be useful to reference librarians. It could help librarians keep up with book reviews and trends.

The link to the Yahoo podcast directory didn't work. And the Yahoo Music site didn't make it easy for me to find more podcasts! When I searched, using Yahoo, for "yahoo podcast directory" I got podcasts.yahoo.com as the first result. This website does not exist. SO. YAHOO YOU LOSE.

No comments: